$43.00 USD – $48.00 USD
X-Mid 1P / 2P Groundsheets
A PRE-SALE for 2021 groundsheets was done in February 2021 to gauge interest for a larger run in the future. Those 600 pre-sale groundsheets sold out in a few days and are estimated to ship in late June 2021. If you missed the pre-sale, you can sign up for an email notice of next run here.
Factory built groundsheets offer greater protection and a cleaner floor for your X-Mid tent.
The stock X-Mid floor is durable enough to last hundreds of nights without a groundsheet when used with care on regular surfaces, but a groundsheet is recommended for camping on harsh surfaces (e.g. rock, gravel) or for users that prefer a greater level of protection.
While many companies are content to sell you a piece of tyvek or a hastily sewn bit of fabric, we think groundsheets should be built to the same high quality standards as the tent. Our groundsheets are built at the same high end factory using top of the line materials and construction methods. Unlike almost any other company, our groundsheets are fully double stitched, use double folded edges (to hide the raw fabric edges), have generous bartacking, and use reinforcements at all of the connection points. Overkill perhaps, but for a negligible weight difference we can make a groundsheet to be proud of.
The fabric is a custom 30D sil/PEU ripstop polyester, which is a step up in durability over the tent floor (20D sil/PEU ripstop polyester) and quite a bit more durable than the disposable tyvek and polycro groundsheets most competitors offer.
As always, ease of use has been carefully considered. These groundsheets are designed to clip right in to either the fly or floor (whichever you prefer) and can be left clipped in place for next time.
|Dimensions||35 × 25 × 2 cm|
Features & Specs
- Durable 30D ripstop polyester
- Sil coating on the bottom provides maximum durability while PEU coating on the top surface makes it non-slippery.
- Polyester fabric doesn’t absorb water so it dries quickly and stays light
- Polyester fabric provides excellent abrasion resistance for its’ weight.
- Clips in to either the fly or inner
- Pole handle connections keep groundsheet taut
- Works without the inner tent for a 23oz (1P) or 28oz (2P) fly + footprint setup
- Fully double-stitched and double-folded edge construction
- X-Mid 1P Groundsheet: 121 g / 4.3 oz
- X-Mid 2P Groundsheet: 190 g / 6.7 oz
- 30 denier 252 threadcount 100-percent polyester in grey
- Sil/PEU coating
- Made in Vietnam (same premium factory as the tents)
The X-Mid groundsheets are the same parallelogram shape as the X-Mid floor. They do not cover the vestibules.
They can clip in to either the fly or to the floor. Clipping it to the four corners of the floor requires removing the cords at two corners and relocating the clips to the corners of the groundsheet. Either way, the groundsheet can be removed upon takedown or left attached for next time.
These groundsheets also have connection points to your trekking pole handles to hold them taut and in position.