X-Mid Stargazer Kit
Out of stock
The Stargazer Kit enables easy pitching of your X-Mid 1P or 2P mesh inner tent.
Matching buckles clip to the existing buckles on the peaks of your inner tent while a grommet makes it easy to add your poles. Peak guylines are included and easily adjust with cord tensioners that match the rest of your tent.
The peak guylines are built of premium custom cord by Lawson Equipment. This cord uses a tough partial dyneema sheath for maximum durability and a strong dyneema core like their Ironwire, but with an added reflective tracer for visibility at night. This line works great in the kit (perhaps overkill), and can also be used to upgrade the stock peak guylines on the fly where the low stretch reduces deflection during high winds and under snowloads.
The Stargazer kit is hand built by Durston in the Canadian Rockies.
Stargazer kits will be back in stock in mid-October. If you are interested in a kit, please up below to be notified when orders re-open:
|Dimensions||19 × 12 × 2 cm|
Features and Specs
- Enables easy inner only pitching with matching buckles (no knots required).
- Cord tensioners allow for quick adjustment.
- Includes 2.0 mm premium guylines built by Lawson Equipment with a tough partial dyneema sheath, reflective tracer, and dope dyed.
- Hand built in Canada
- 2 x connectors: 0.5 oz / 15 g
- 2 x cord: 0.6 oz / 17 g
- Complete kit: 1.1 oz / 32 g
- Custom guylines use a dyneema SK75/poly blend sheath for tough abrasion resistance, and a poly core.
- Nylon webbing
- Brass grommets
The Stargazer kit has buckles to match those on the peaks of your X-Mid inner tent. It works with all versions of the X-Mid 1P and 2P. To use the kit, follow these steps:
1) Stake out the 4 corners of your inner tent. Adjust stakes as needed until floor is taut.
2) Clip a Stargazer connector to one peak.
3) Insert one pole into the grommet on the Stargazer connector. Extend that pole until it is 2-3″ (5-8 cm) taller than the inner tent. This will ensure it is pulling up on the inner peak, and out.
4) Stake the guyline out directly off the end of the ridgeline. If you stake the guyline in another direction it will twist the inner and give it a funny shape.
5) Repeat at the other peak. Adjust tension on the peak guylines as desired to fine tune the pitch.